Thursday, June 6, 2013

John 1:3

All things were made by him, and without him was not anything made that was made-John 1:

This evening I decided to read my weekly Bible lesson before watching an episode of  True Blood, one of  my new favorite shows. In my church services consist of readings from the bible, and Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy. The same service is read by churches around the world.As I read the golden text I couldn't help but smile. God made us perfect, and nothing can get in the way of this, NOTHING! 

Today our physical training was individual, which works out well since my roommate and I usually go for our interval run, complete with a minute each of push ups and sit ups, and a few pull ups. My roommate wanted to rest for a little bit first, but I decided to go for the run alone, and at the end of the day I am so grateful that I did. My roomie hasn't left her bed or her computer since we got back from work, and a few weeks ago that could have easily been me. I sometimes have difficulty getting motivated to work out, but I'm determined not to quit.

Whenever I make significant progress on my push ups and sit ups, or even on my runs, I like to post it on Facebook. Seeing the positive reactions that I get from friends really motivates me to keep going. It's not always going to be easy, but as long as I keep pushing through, there will be results. Now if only I could start eating better...tips anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the blog post, Hayden! I'm so glad you are working hard to not quit on working out. No matter what, the most important thing is to love yourself no matter what is seen materially from a mirror standpoint of view. You are always a reflection of God, which is pure and untouched by anything distorted any shape and form. And that's a fact! I can't think of any healthy tips of eating better right now except the obvious of cutting down on some carbs (not all, you do want to enjoy food, of course!) and junk food. It is healthy when consuming food in moderation. Keep up the good work! I look forward to "reading" your progress on this blog! :D

    ReplyDelete