Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Power of Friends

On Memorial Day I went into New York City with my friends. I'm staying about an hour away by train, which goes pretty quickly. We spent the day visiting with celebrities at the wax museum, and explored Central Park and Times Square, where we were lucky to catch a glimpse of Glee's Jane Lynch coming out of rehearsals for Broadway's Annie. In the wax museum I saw my first 4D movie! That was really fun. The purpose of this blog is to chronicle my healthy journey, and as I walked around with my friends, laughing and talking, I realized that mental health is just as important as physical. It's so important to relax every once in a while and have fun!
 I can't think of any better way to be motivated than to be with friends who are helping me in my journey. On days that I don't want to work out, it's nice to know that I have friends who are encouraging me each step of the way. We had a four day weekend, and it was super nice to be able to rest and think of things other than work. .Our time is going very quickly; we only have seven days of work left! After that it is another five day trip back to Denver.

Yesterday I ran 1.3 miles in 15.56. I was super excited because it's definitely an improvement from my running time back in Denver a few months ago. Of course, we were dealing with a much higher altitude there, and I wasn't fully adjusted, but I'm determined to bring my time down when we do the official run in a few weeks.  To end what turned out to be a pretty good day, my roommates and I made black bean quesadillas, yum!  The link to the website can be found here. http://www.thefitcook.net/1/post/2011/2/black-bean-quesadillas.html The dinner was wonderful and I can't wait to make more of her food.


Pictures-Jaime and I with 007, Jaime, Liz, and myself at the museum's tribute to 9/11, and me with Spider man before the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment